08 February, 2012

and what did i see...

the other day, i walked into the h-fac and was pleasantly surprised to find this poster, plastered all over the walls:


i was happy because it's my drawing from last year's show. :) i was humbled that this drawing received 1st place last year, and even happier to share the so-called "winners podium" with my amazing friends natalie and nikki, whom i miss!

i'm excited to see the show for this year's competition: this exhibition is always one of my favorites.
i hope you come, too!
[feb 16 - feb 28, byu h-fac]

3 comments:

  1. This is such a BEAUTIFUL drawing. I can't even tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, Kristin, you amaze me with your abundance (and versatility of) talent! I love watching you start, work on, and finish a project. It inspires me greatly. I love getting lost in one of your pieces, only to find myself more enriched and edified - whether it's a painting with symbolism, a sketch that captures the grandness of both the human body and spirit, or an adorable animated character. Thank you for always sharing your gifts so generously. I have loved watching you grow in your art, and look forward to many more shows, displays, blog posts, random sketches at concerts, paintings in the kitchen, and drawings of friends, etc. I sure am proud of you, and even more glad to know you! (PS: This sketch really is so good! I love the detail in the back and arms. [Belated] CONGRATS on placing a well-deserved FIRST!)

    ReplyDelete