01 February, 2012

happy holidays from a legendary family

okay, have you been waiting in suspense?! 
happy late Christmas and new years! 

i took each of my siblings and made us all famous statues (though no actual body parts were photoshopped, with the exception of my arms  (or lack thereof). it took...some doing. at least, i was up all night Christmas eve and jonny (atlas) stayed up with me. so it's kind of our sibling Christmas card.

it's not the most thorough photoshop job, but it gets the point across. 


points to who can name the statues all correctly!
maybe i'll make a bitty (but rad) piece of art for the winner..... 

:)

3 comments:

  1. this is pretty much the unquestionably greatest Christmas card ever.

    seriously*dang*awesome.

    best i can do for the statues:
    david- i can never tell the twins apart
    athena? -debilynn
    rodin's thinker- other twin
    venus di milo- not sure
    medusa- robin
    atlas- jonathan

    but yeah, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from facebook (these were the firsts):

    Shelley Cook: I couldn't get this to show up on your blog, so here's my comment: Awesome photo! You are so cool, which is why I want your art: Venus di Milo, Atlas, Medusa, the Thinker, Athena, and Michelangelo's David. lol. Inspiring idea :)

    Adam Borgia: David, Rodin's Thinker, Atlas, Venus de Milo, and I have to guess for the last two... I say Ceres/Demeter for the one with the spear (an Athena one would have a helmet) and then Aphrodite? Or a pre-nastified Medusa? Looks like an Aphrodite pose anyway, whatever that means. If I am wrong with the last two, then I (politely) demand to know what they really are because I've never seen them before. And it would drive me crazy otherwise.

    Laura Henricksen: That's fabulous.

    --
    you can still guess, though, friends. you now have lots of hints. ;)

    ReplyDelete